Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.


Landowner Resources


 Contractor Listings


Do you need to know who you can contact to get a conservation practice installed on your land? Click on the link below to see who is utilized in our local area!


Contractor Listing










Paulding County Homeowner Guide


Paulding County is truly a place where memories are made and just about everyone is known on a first name basis. We are a county that is primarily rural and has an economy dependent on agriculture whether it be cash crops,community gardens, or livestock operations. As people move from towns to the country,there seems to be a difference in opinion between the homeowner and the farmer who cares for the land. It takes both parties working together to inform each other of ways of living and also helping one another out when needed.


 Becoming a homeowner is a big step to take in life and there is a lot that goes into building a home and preparing the site in the right manner or even knowing about your home before you make a purchase if a structure is already there. There is so much to know such as soils, sewage, water supply, erosion, floodplains, basement construction, and it is hard to know where to find the resources to build or maintain your home.This guide serves to ease that transition into homeownership and provide the local (city,county & township) resources that will answer all your questions as well as to know what to expect when it comes to living in the country.



2019 Homeowner Guide


 Drainage Information Resources

How do I as a landowner begin the process to make drainage improvements on my land involving an open ditch or large tile outlet? We get these questions quite a bit in our office. Conservation Works of Improvement, known as Senate Bill 150 (ORC 940.19) assists landowners to make drainage improvements for group projects like open ditch reconstruction, installation of new outlet tile, reshaping or building of grassed waterways and other drainage improvement practices.


The Paulding Soil & Water Conservation District is available to assist you with the technical resources to ensure you have proper drainage for your land. 


Conservation Works of Improvement FAQ


Conservation Works of Improvement Procedures


ORC 940.19 Petition to Board of Supervisors for Improvement


ORC 1521.13 Floodplain Management


ORC 5589.06 Obstructing Ditches


Ohio Drainage Manual




Site Reviews


Well Logs-Ohio Department of Natural Resources 



Paulding County Offices


Paulding County Engineer                                     Paulding County Sheriff's Office     

Paulding County Auditor 

Paulding County Commissioners

Paulding County Health Department

Paulding County Recorder

ODA Division of Soil & Water

Ohio Department of Natural Resources






Share on Social Media